Please Join DxSchool Forum. Ask anything you needed. We want to create a big community to help Student, and Teachers by sharing Books, and Materials. Thank You.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Right Form Of Verb

Discussion in 'Grammar & Dictionary' started by Asif, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Asif

Asif New Member

In a sentence if we have always,sometimes,daily,everyday,often,never,seldom,frequently,normally,occasionally, generally,usually,regularly etc then we will use present indefinite tense.

Example:

♥ He never tells a lie.
    ♥ He always helps me.
    ♥ When does karim go to bed normally?.

In a sentence if we have yesterday,ago,long,before,once,once upon a time,in the past,long since,last week last month,last night,last year etc then we will use past indefinite tense.

Example:

♥ He went to London three years ago.
    ♥ He did the work yesterday.
    ♥ When does karim went to bed last night?.

just,just now,ever,already,recently,lately etc are used in a sentence so we will use present perfect tense

Example:

♥ He have just arrived here
    ♥ He has already finished the task which has been given by me.
    ♥ I have come home lately?.

If the first part of sentence is present indefinite or present prefect tense and after that since/ as if / as though use in a sentence then last part will be past indefinite.In contrast,If first part is past indefinite then last portion must be past perfect tense.

Example:

♥ Ten years have passed since you arrived here.
    ♥ He came to his house as if they had finished the task.
    ♥ I come to you as though you became ill.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
    sojappan and admin like this.